UPSC CDS 2 2020 Notification Released for 344 Posts: Apply Online @upsc.gov.in
Check UPSC CDS Exam Date, Eligibility, Selection Process, Application Process
UPSC has published the CDS 2 2020 Notification for the defence aspirants who want to join the join The Indian Army, Navy, Air Force as an commissioned officer. Through CDS 2 2020 exam you can join the IMA, AFA, INA and OTA Chennai. Defence aspirants who are eligible and planning to apply for the CDS 2 2020 can check the important details like CDS 2 2020 Notification date, Exam Dates, Age Limits, Application Form, Exam Details, Selection Procedure below. The Indian armed forces always give fair chances to the candidates who are willing to join the three forces and serve the nation. Our country encourages youth mostly to join the forces. CDS 2 2020 is one of the important options/chances provided to graduate candidates.
The last date for submitting UPSC CDS Online Application is 25 August 2020. However, UPSC CDS 2 Online Application Link is also given below:
UPSC CDS Online Applications can be withdrawn from 01 September to 07 September 2020 till 6.00 PM. UPSC CDS 2 Exam 2020 will be held on 08 November 2020. UPSC CDS 2 Application will be start from 05 August 2020.
A total of 344 vacancies are available for UPSC CDS Post under the course conducted by Indian Military Academy, Indian Naval Academy, Air Force Academy and Officers Training Academy (OTA).
Candidates can check educational qualification, salary, age limit, application process etc. for UPSC Combined Defence Services Exam through the article below:
UPSC CDS 2 2020 Important Dates:
- UPSC CDS 2 Notification Release Date and Registration date – 05 August 2020
- Last Date ofUPSC CDS 2 2020 Registration – 25 August 2020
- UPSC CDS Online Applications can be withdrawn from – 01 September to 07 September 2020
- CDS 2 Exam Date – 08 November 2020
- CDS 2 Exam Result Date – to be announced later
UPSC CDS 2 2020 Vacancy Details:
- Indian Military Academy (INA),Dehradun, 149th (DE) Course commencing in July, 2020 — 100 Posts
- Indian Naval Academy (INA), Ezhimala—Course commencing in July, 2020 Executive – 26 Posts
- Air Force Academy (AFA) —(Pre-Flying), Training Course commencing in July, 2020 – 32 Posts
- Officers Training Academy (OTA), Chennai (Madras) 114th SSC (Men) (NT) (UPSC) Course commencing in October, 2021 — 169 Posts
- Officers Training Academy (OTA), Chennai (Madras) 28th SSC Women (NT) (UPSC) Course commencing in October, 2021— 17 Posts
UPSC CDS 2 Salary:
- Captain (Level 10 B) – 6,13,00-1,93,900
- Lieutenant (Level 10) – 56,100 – 1,77,500
- Lieutenant Colonel (Level 12A ) – 1,21,200 – 2,12400
- Major (Level 11) – 6,94,00 – 2,07,200
- Brigadier (Level 13A ) – 1,39,600-2,17,600
- Colonel Level 13 – 1,30,600-2, 15, 900
- Lieutenant General HAG Scale (Level 15) – 1, 82, 200-2,24,100
- Major General (Level 14) – 1,44,200-2,18,200
- VCOAS/Army Cdr/Lieutenant General (NFSG) (Level 17) – 2,25,000/-(fixed)
- HAG+Scale (Level 16) – 2,05,400 – 2,24,400
- COAS (Level 18) – 2,50,000/-(fixed)
- Military Service Pay (MSP) to the officers from the rank of Lieutenant to Brigadier – Rs 15.500 p.m. fixed
UPSC CDS 2020 Eligibility Criteria
UPSC CDS 2 2020 Educational Qualification:
- Indian Military Academy (INA) – UNMARRIED : Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university.
- Indian Naval Academy (INA) – UNMARRIED : B.E/B.Tech from a recognized university or equivalent.
- Air Force Academy (AFA) – UNMARRIED: B.E/B.Tech from a recognized university OR degree from a recognized university with Physics & Mathematics as subjects.
- Officers Training Academy (OTA) – UNMARRIED : Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university or equivalent.
- Officers Training Academy (SSC Women Non-Technical course) – UNMARRIED, ISSUELESS WIDOWS and ISSUELESS DIVORCESS who have not remarried: Bachelor’s degree from a recognized
UPSC CDS 2 2020 Age Limit:
- IMA – 19 to 24 years
- AFA – 19 to 23 years
- INA – 19 to 22 years
- OTA – 19 to 25 years
UPSC CDS 2020 Other Eligibility:
- The candidates should be citizens of India. Subjects of Bhutan, Nepal, and Tibetan refugee who came to India before the 1 January 1962
- A person of India origin who migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia or Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
- The candidates will be required to produce Certificate issued by Indian authorities certifying their claim.
UPSC CDS 2 2020 Selection Procedure
The selection will be done on the basis of national level recruitment test (CDS 2 Exam) followed by UPSC CDS 2 Interview tests to conducted by SSB. The interview is 4 day process in which candidates shall be tested on the basis of Personality Test, Group Testing Officer Task, Psychology Test and Conference.
UPSC CDS 2 Exam Pattern:
For Admission to Indian Military Academy, Indian Naval Academy and Air Force Academy:
|General Knowledge||2 Hours||100|
|Elementary Mathematics||2 Hours||100|
For Admission to Officers’ Training Academy :—
|General Knowledge||2 Hours||100|
The papers in all the subjects will consist of objective type questions only. The question papers (Test Booklets) of General Knowledge and Elementary Mathematics will be set bilingually in Hindi as well as English
UPSC CDS 2 Interview
UPSC will prepare a list of candidates who obtain the minimum qualifying marks in the written examination as fixed by the Commission in their discretion. Candidates who are declared successful in the written exam will be detailed for intelligence and personality test at the Service Selection Board based on their preference by the respective service HQ. CANDIDATES WHO QUALIFY IN THE WRITTEN EXAM AND GIVEN THEIR FIRST CHOICE AS ARMY (IMA/OTA) ARE REQUIRED TO REGISTER THEMSELVES ON THE RECRUITING DIRECTORATE WEBSITE joinindianarmy.nic.in. IN ORDER TO ENABLE THEM TO RECEIVE CALL UP INFORMATION FOR SSB INTERVIEW. THOSE CANDIDATES WhO HAVE ALREADY REGISTERED ON THE RECRUITING DIRECTORATE WEBSITE ARE ADVISED NOT TO REGISTER AGAIN.
The email ID registered with DG Recruiting website i.e. www.joinindianarmy,nic.in and that given to UPSC must be same and unique to the applicant. Results of the test conducted by Service Selection Board will hold good for all the courses [i.e. Indian Military Academy (DE) Course, Dehradun, Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala Course, Air Force Academy (Pre-Flying) Course, Hyderabad and SSC (NT) Course at OTA, Chennai] for which the candidate has 16 qualified in the written exam, irrespective of the service HQ conducting it.
The maximum marks allotted to the written examination and to the interviews will be equal for each course i.e. the maximum marks allotted to the written examination and to the interviews will be 300, 300, 300 and 200 each for admission to the Indian Military Academy, Indian Naval Academy, Air Force Academy and Officers’ Training Academy respectively.
Download UPSC CDS 2 Exam and Syllabus
UPSC CDS 2 Admit Card
All the successful applicants would be able to download UPSC CDS 2 Admit Card from the official website of UPSC – upsc.gov.in. The eligible candidates shall be issued an e-Admit Card three weeks before the
commencement of the examination. No e-Admit Card will be sent by post.
How to Download UPSC CDS 2 Admit Card ?
All the applicants are required to provide valid & active e-mail id while filling up online application form as the Commission may use electronic mode for contacting them.
UPSC CDS 2 Exam Centre:
|MUMBAI||NAGPUR||PANAJI (GOA)||PATNA||PORT BLAIR|
How to Apply for UPSC CDS 2 Recruitment 2020 ?
Candidates can apply online through official website www.upsconline.nic.in from 05 August to 25 August 2020 by following steps:
- Go to the official website of UPSC – upsc.gov.in
- Click on the link “Exam Notification – Combined Defence Services Examination (II), 2020” in What’s New section
- Now,go to “Click Here”
- A new window will open where you need click on “Click Here for PART I” followed by “Click Here for Part 2: for registration
- Enter personal details and detail of any Photo ID Proof – Aadhaar Card/Voter Card/PAN Card/Passport/Driving Licence/Any other Photo ID Card issued by the State/Central Government
- Upload a scanned copy of the same Photo ID, Photograph & Signature
- Select your examination centre
- Add Payment details and accept Declaration
- Print a copy of the application form for future use
UPSC CDS 2 2020 Application Fee:
General/ OBC – Rs 200 (No Fee for female/ SC/ ST candidates)
UPSC conducts CDS 2 Exam every year for the recruitment of candidates for the posts of Captain, Lieutenant , Lieutenant Colonel, Major, Brigadier (Level 13A ), Colonel, Lieutenant General HAG, Major General, VCOAS/Army CDR/Lieutenant General (NFSG),COAS etc.