The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) will release the notification for NDA, NA and CDS recruitment today – May 18. The application process too will start today and will continue till June 7. Interested candidates can start applying at upsc.gov.in or upsconline.nic.in. As per the schedule, the exam will be held on September 4.
Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has started the registration process for the recruitment of 339 persons through Combined Defence Services Exam 2 2022. Eligible and interested candidates can submit their UPSC CDS 2 Online Application from 18 May to 07 June 2022 on its online website i.e. upsconline.nic.in. You can also withdraw your application between 14 June and 20 June 2022.
The commission has 400 seats for admission to the Army, Navy and Air Force wings of the NDA for the 150th Course, and for the 112th Indian Naval Academy Course (INAC) commencing from 02 Jul 2023.
- Army -208 (including 10 for female candidates)
- Navy – 42 (including 03 for female candidates)
- Air Force – Flying – 92 (including 02 for female candidates), Ground Duties (Tech) – 18 (including 02 for female candidates) and ) Ground Duties (Non Tech) – 10 (including 02 for female candidates)
Naval Academy (10+2 Cadet Entry Scheme)
- 30 (for male candidates only
The candidates can check the eligibility, selection process, exam pattern, and important dates below:
UPSC CDS 2 Vacancy Details 2022
Total – 339
|Name of the Course|
|Indian Military Academy, Dehradun— 155th (DE) Course commencing in July, 2023.||100 [including 13 vacancies reserved for NCC `C’
Certificate (Army Wing) holders]
|Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala—Course commencing in July, 2023 Executive Branch (General Service)/Hydro.||22 [including 03 vacancies for NCC ‘C’ Certificate (Naval Wing through NCC Special Entry ) holders ]|
|Air Force Academy, Hyderabad—(Pre-Flying) Training Course commencing in July, 2023 i.e. No. 214 F(P) Course.||32 [including 03 vacancies are reserved for NCC `C’
Certificate (Air Wing) holders through NCC Spl. Entry]
|Officers’ Training Academy, Chennai (Madras)— 118th SSC (Men) (NT) (UPSC) Course commencing in October, 2023.||169|
|Officers Training Academy, Chennai (Madras) 32nd SSC Women (NT) (UPSC) Course commencing in October, 2023.||16|
UPSC NDA 2022: Eligibility
- For Army Wing of National Defence Academy – 12th passed candidates of the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent examination conducted by a State Education Board or a University.
- For Air Force and Naval Wings of National Defence Academy and for the 10+2 Cadet Entry Scheme at the Indian
Naval Academy – 12th passed with Physics and Mathematics of the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent conducted by a State Education Board or a University.
- Candidates who are appearing in the 12th Class under the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent examination can also apply for this examination.
UPSC NDA 2 Age Limit:
- 15.7 years to 18.7 years (Only unmarried male/female candidates born not earlier than 02nd January, 2004 and not later than 1st January, 2007 are eligible)
UPSC CDS 2 Eligibility Criteria 2022
Educational/Technical Qualification & Experience:
- For I.M.A. and Officers’ Training Academy, Chennai — Degree of a recognised University or equivalent.
- For Indian Naval Academy— Degree in Engineering from a recognised University/Institution.
- For Air Force Academy—Degree of a recognised University (with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level) or Bachelor of Engineering.
Candidates who are studying in the final year/semester Degree course and have yet to pass the final year degree examination can also apply provided the candidate should not have any present backlog upto the last semester/year for which results have been declared upto the time of submission of application and they will be required to submit proof of passing the degree examination at the time of commencement of course to reach the IHQ of MoD (Army), Rtg ‘A’, CDSE Entry, West Block III, R. K. Puram, New Delhi-110066 in case of IMA/SSC first choice candidates and Naval HQ “DMPR” (OI & R Section), Room No. 204, ‘C’ Wing, Sena Bhawan, New Delhi-110011 in case of Navy first choice candidates and PO3(A)/Air Headquarters, ‘J’ Block, Room No. 17, Opp. Vayu Bhawan, Motilal Nehru Marg, New Delhi-110 106 in case of Air Force first choice candidates.
UPSC NDA 2 Selection Criteria 2022
The selection will be based on 2 rounds as follow:
- Written Test – 900 Marks
- SSB Interview/Personality Test – 900 Marks
UPSC NDA 2 Exam Pattern 2022
- Subjects – There will be questions from 2 subjects i.e. Maths and Science
- Number of Questions – Maths will consist of 120 Questions and 150 questions from Science Subject
- Marks – A total of 300 marks allotted to Maths subject and 600 marks to Science Subject.
- Time – Each section will be given 2 hours and 30 minutes
Selection Process for UPSC CDS 2 2022
Eligible candidates will be called for:
- Written Examination
- Intelligence and Personality Test
UPSC CDS 2 Exam Pattern 2022:
|For Admission to the Indian Military Academy, Indian Naval Academy and Air Force Academy|
|General Knowledge||2 hours||100|
|Elementary Mathematics||2 hours||100|
|For Admission to Officers’ Training Academy|
|General Knowledge||2 hours||100|
One third (0.33) of the marks assigned to that question will be deducted as a penalty.